Bowling Evolution Forum

Bowling Evolution Forum - Development - Looking for bowling enthusiasts to help finalize our new game

Looking for bowling enthusiasts to help finalize our new game

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi, all! Last five years we have worked on mobile games but we have always thought about making The Bowling Game. Some time ago we started working hard towards that goal. The game is Premium Bowling and all the main features are already done. Now we are looking for some contributors to help us finalize physics and make translations.

We'll give access to the game for all collaborators by giving free Steam keys. Main contributors will also be listed in Credits-section.

If you're interested, have a look at the details here
Hi Tomi, long time no see!

Game's looking great, can't wait to test it!
I'd love to test it! ... and on Steam?!?! This is awesome.
Just got the new game from Steam. Where is the best place to discuss issues and suggestions with Premium Bowling? I'd love to offer some input.
I love your games. I truly do. I've spent literally hundreds and hundreds...(maybe thousands?) playing Bowling Evolution offline and I really love that I have found a bowling game that matches my favorites of all time. That list includes Ten Pin Alley, Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling, Strike Force Bowling, Namco's Rockin' Bowl O' Rama, Silver Strike Bowling, among others. In my bowling games, I look for realism in ball and pin physics. Bowling Evolution had it in leaps and bounds, even if it "looked" a little boring.

Now I've played Premium Bowling (PB)... and HOLY (&*$(&*$@#(*#.... This game, aesthetically, is nowhere near boring. THis game is BEATIFUL, and I can't wait to try the VR version. (I only have a PSVR...maybe a Playstation version??) But something about the realism of the pin/lane/ball/wall/pit interaction is, well, missing.

For starters, Although I love the look of rev rate of the bowling ball as it rolls down the lane at maximum rotation rate, as the ball exits the oil pattern, the amount of hook and boards covered seem to be about the same if i apply 100% spin, or 40% spin. something that makes the ball lane interaction feel different than the accuracy achieved in Bowling Evolution.

I have witnessed many satisfying pocket hits in PB, but the ball does not send the pins flipping on their horizontal enough when hit head on, or, this, or anywhere in between. Sometimes it does, but more often than not, the pins almost feel like they are tethered from above like if they were attached to a string pinsetter. BE felt much more freedom in physics in terms of pins flipping. Also, in terms of pins bouncing out. I've played PB for a while now and not once have I had a pin bounce back out onto the lane. I NEED that to make some splits and BE had it available, even if the pins felt a little "floaty".

BE gave me the opportunity to have the pins interact what the side walls, pit floor, and pit curtain and gave the pins appropriate bounce. PB has the pins hits these objects, then kind of have a muffled, or subdued rebound action. So much so that the pins do not have an opportunity to bounce out of the pit and back onto the lane. In BE, the pit demensions of the user created lane "Rodney's Weber Cup Alley" had amazing opportunities to see splits being made.

PB now has a ball tracer, but I can only see it at the end of each game. and how can I tell which frame was which shot? The lines are very faint and easy to not even notice them. I'd love to have some feedback after each shot. Maybe visual markers on the approach, (or on a HUD) than show what board I'm standing on. Or a ball tracer image after each shot. Or even a replay system. (Hey... where is THAT much needed feature?)

Can you make it easier to achieve maximum rotation speed, I would like to have a shortcut button mapped on the keyboard to instantly apply maximum rotational force, so that I am not always moving my mouse like 5 - 6 times per shot while holding the left mouse button. Keyboard shortcuts for a second, or third ball, like a spare ball, is also desired. BE automatically set you up with the spare ball when you had a spare to shoot at. In PB, I have to scroll through the list to find the ball.

Can you delay the camera switch while using the camera views "Close-up" and "Overhead"? I never get to see where the ball is travelling on the lane before I am staring at the pins waiting for the ball to arrive. Maybe a little picture-in-picture window of the ball travelling down the lane while staring at the pins?

Pleas, do not take my criticism of this game so far as negative actions. I love your work, and can't imagine how much effort and time it could have taken to create something so gorgeous. It still needs tweaking and I would love to see this game reach more people with its easily accessible controls. Online features are fun, but limited as of now since there aren't too many players available at the time of me singing on. I also have many more aspects of this game that I would like to display my concern about, but I'll leave it if a part 2 of this letter is desired. As of right now, Thank you you for your labor of love and for providing me with so many long sleepless nights with entertainment.

Sincerely,
-Chico
Tomi wrote
Hi, all! Last five years we have worked on mobile games but we have always thought about making The Bowling Game. Some time ago we started working hard towards that goal. The game is Premium Bowling and all the main features are already done. Now we are looking for some contributors to help us finalize physics and make translations.

We'll give access to the game for all collaborators by giving free Steam keys. Main contributors will also be listed in Credits-section.

If you're interested, have a look at the details here

Would love to test the Mac version! Please contact me at iconredesign@gmail.com
------------------------
Arsenal:
Strike Balls
Brunswick Blast Zone
Brunswick Fury
Ebonite Total NV
Storm Attitude Shift
and a lot more....
Spare Balls
Viz-A-Ball Tweety
Viz-A-Ball Smiley
--------------------------------
Most Unbelievable Score:208(With the Front 5)
---------------------------------------------
PLEASE DO NOT POST OFFENDING COMMENTS. :D

Page: 1

Bowling Evolution Forum - Development - Looking for bowling enthusiasts to help finalize our new game

Bowling Evolution Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software